Join me with Steve Miller, marketing consultant and author of the 2017 Amazon #1 Best Seller Uncopyable: How To Create An Unfair Advantage Over Your Competition. Steve has consulted with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies including Proctor and Gamble, Caterpillar, Starbucks and Coca- Cola in addition to several large, North American exhibitions. He has been featured in Fast Company, Business Week, Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
In this episode of Market Boldly, Steve and I discuss:
• the 3 traps most companies fall into when trying to find their competitive advantage
• why “partnership” doesn’t work anymore
• what distributors can learn from the Broadway show, Hamilton
• what revered total quality management consultant Steve hung out with when he was a kid
• what then-high-tech device Steve’s dad invented
• the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic benchmarking
• what fourth element a business needs to succeed in addition to quality products, excellent customer service and a decent price
• what it truly means to be uncopyable and 3 strategies for creating an uncopyable attachment to customers
And if you stay tuned until the end, Steve offers you an ethical bribe to buy his book, Uncopyable. It’s a bonus worth $197 — in addition to all the great stuff you’ll learn from this podcast and in his best-selling book.