Join me as I talk with Don Torrant, Director of Market Development and Channel Strategy for Legrand North and Central America about how societal trends, the internet, technology, design trends, the hospitality industry and the influence of millennials are changing electrical product and distributor sales and marketing. Specifically, we discuss:
- the impact of the internet of things (IoT) on your business
- opportunities in outdoor power across several vertical markets
- how the transition to urban, multi-use buildings affects distributors
- how changes in space utilization are presenting new sales opportunities
- the effects of solar energy on outdoor power availability
- the integration of design elements into electrical devices for homes, hotels and offices
- how distributors are incorporating marketing automation strategies
- how tED magazine’s Best of the Best Marketing Competition is raising the bar
- why marketing people should be involved in upper management
Also, hear how Legrand uses their Distributor Marketing Council to take the pulse of their distributor customers, share best practices, and test new marketing programs.
Subscribe to Market Boldly on iTunes or Google Play Music. Please share this podcast with your friends and associates in manufacturing and distribution.